Friday, July 12, 2013

Product Review: Skin 79 Super+ BB Cream (Hot Pink)

I know, I know! I am so late on this bandwagon but I've actually had this for so long.

Blended out
I have heard so much hype about this before I got it and at first I thought it sounded great but didn't intend to buy it. Coincidentally I was shopping around with my friend and saw this on sale for maybe 70% off (it was definitely more than half off) and thought well, might as well.

This consistency is thicker compared to Western BB creams which tends to be the case. It has a light to medium coverage that you can build up with thin layers. I recommend applying it little by little instead of very heavy handed because sometimes when you have too much on the skin, it doesn't blend out that well.

The finish is very nice it's very shiny at first but if you leave it for a few minutes, and it sinks into the skin, it becomes this natural dewy finish that makes you look really healthy. It probably requires setting with a powder if used on oily skin otherwise it stays on and looks good for a good time.

I also find that this helps to heal my skin a bit. My acne scars faded a tad faster and the texture of my skin improved. Not to mention that it has SPF 25 which protects the skin from harmful UV rays.

The problem with this as with a lot of BB creams is that it is only available in one shade plus it may look a bit greyish and ashy. I use the Real Techniques stippling brush to apply this but fingertips will work just fine. Another disadvantage is that it is not a product that you can nip into Boots or Superdrug and get your hands on it. In UK at least, you have to purchase this online. And, it is normally a bit pricey.

Available here: Ebay/Pretty and Cute
 
BB creams are such marmite products! Are you for or against them?

No comments:

Post a Comment