Friday, July 12, 2013

Product Review: Seventeen On The Spot Foundation

I was really looking forward to trying this foundation because I suffer from acne and I was hoping this to be a comfortable one to wear plus at the same time provide treatment to the acne.

This was disappointing since I expected more from it. For starter this foundation contains alcohol, and it definitely smells like it. After the alcohol evaporates, what's left is that sunscreen smell. It does have SPF 15 which is decent for everyday wear.

The consistency is neither overly thick nor overly thin. But it is rather strange, I tried applying it with a stippling brush and it just went on really streaky. Although that being said, it doesn't when I use my fingertips. Maybe it just works better with a bit of heat. The coverage is average and the finish is very matte. The shade I have is natural and the tone of it is slightly pink. I have swatched all the other shades in Boots and they all seem to be a little pink. I feel like you can't really build this up because it looks super cakey if you try to. The good thing is that it doesn't make the pores look bigger like some foundations. I don't think you need to set it with powder BUT it runs right off as soon as it gets in contact with water. No jokes, I was drinking some water and the foundation at the corners of my mouth ran like crazy!

The only thing I won't be sure about is whether or not it helps with healing the acne. It claims to do so in 4 weeks. I will not be purchasing the full size of this product. Mainly because I haven't been in the mood to wear foundation and also because of trying the sample.

Available here: Boots
Let me know if you liked this foundation and if it really helps with acne!
Jess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment