Thursday, May 9, 2013

Product Review: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick

 
Whilst I'm still quite young, I haven't tried many high end products and I got really excited when I received this gift from one of my good friends for my birthday.

This retails for £20 on the Bobbi Brown website (link) and the shade I have is vanilla. It is a beige with very a subtle gold sheen. I like using it to highlight the brow bone and inner corners but also as a base if I am wearing very neutral eyeshadow colours. The texture is very creamy and easy to blend. Although it is marketed as a long-wear product, I still use two faced shadow insurance to prime the eyelids first because I feel like it creased a little when I didn't (without setting it with a powder eyeshadow) so priming the lids first really helps it to stay. If you have extremely oily eyelids this might not be the product for you as I feel like it might just slide or melt off.
 
This became quite a popular product since my friend and I went shopping and stopped by the Bobbi Brown counter, the lady who worked at the counter said it is all sold out. I really would like the get a few more shades, I am especially interested in the hazy violet shade. Tanya Burr used it in one of her recent tutorials and I loved the look of it.
 
Definitely worth checking out!
 
Jess xx


No comments:

Post a Comment