Monday, December 17, 2012

Drugstore/High Street Makeup Top Picks December 2012


Clink! 'Tis the holiday season! And what better way to celebrate it with some drugstore/high street makeup top picks? Here I have selected 10 makeup products and if you fancy, add them to your collection for a brand new year's start.

Garnier tinted eye-roll-on
After all the late night parties, I doubt you would have had much sleep at all. Available in 4 shades. Provides a light coverage to dark circles but the ingredients will help to minimise the appearance of them. If you still need a bit more coverage you can layer another concealer on top and this acts as a base so your concealer can go on smoothly.
Lasts all day, great coverage, affordable price and available in 4 shades. Suitable for all under eyes, blemishes and redness.

Maybelline magnum volum' express
I find the brush a perfect size to coat the lashes evenly and the curve helps to lift the lashes up. This stays on the whole day for me. I was in the rain once with this on, it did not smudge a bit! Holds the curl pretty well. 
Available in 3 shades. The intensity of the contour powder is easily controlled and you can build the colour up slowly for a more dramatic effect. The highlight powder gives a really glowy finish to the skin, a little goes a long way. I also use this to highlight my brow bone and my eyes when I don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup.
Rimmel scandal eyes waterproof kohl liner-005 nude
I was waiting for a long time for the drugstore to come up with a nude eyeliner. Mainly because I find white eyeliner too harsh and I wasn't going to spend a fortune on a Nars' larger than life eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte. I like the gel formula of this eyeliner and will some day probably pick up another shade (available in 6 other shades). This stays on for a long time.

Barry M bold waterproof eyeliner-Black
The formula of this eyeliner is somewhat similar to the Rimmel one I just mentioned but I find that this stays on even longer. The colour is really intense. I've tried the Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencil before and it wasn't worth the hype for me. This is a lot more affordable and overall better. Also available in 6 other shades.
Here is a detailed comparison of Barry M's eyeliner and Make Up For Ever's aqua eye by Klaire from Klairedelys


I got given the shade number 49 and I really like the formula of this lipstick. On one hand the price of Bourjois products is kind of on the steep side but the quality makes up for it. This is so moisturising and it stays for a good amount of time. I also tried my friend's one in shade number 56, a red, and it did not feather along the lip line or accentuate any dry areas. A good one if you're looking for a red that you can wear everyday. 

Natural Collection juicy lips-turkish delight
A MLBB (my lips but better) shade. It adds a really nice shine but not too glossy so great for everyday use. Extremely affordable-£1.99! It doesn't dry out my lips like some other lipglosses do. Smells like strawberry ice cream even though I think it's supposed to smell like turkish delight??!!

Jess








No comments:

Post a Comment